OMG! Can you believe January is over and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!?!
As I was thinking about what I’d get myself for Valentine’s, I became curious about what other girl-bosses might like to buy or receive. I asked a few friends in my Facebook Groups what they would get for themselves and the main answer: anything self-care related. I guess it pretty obvious why that is – we go hard for our families and businesses and at the end of the day forget to do little things for ourselves.
The saying goes “It’s better to give than to receive” but when you’re an entrepreneur there’s nothing wrong with rewarding yourself for all your hard work and hustle.
When it comes to gifts, I personally like to give and get things that are practical and useful. So, I compiled a list of things that I absolutely love…and I know you’ll love them too! 🙂
- The Wrap Life The hand printed head wraps sold by the founders of this store are so beautiful. The quality is great and with the range of colors and styles, it’s easy to go overboard when purchasing.
- The Satin Lined Cap by Grace Eleyae I’ve purchased two of these already and I love them. I wear them to bed or when I have to make a quick run to the store. I even wore mine to work when I was having a bad hair day. Very versatile and worth the money. Protect your hair and look cute, win-win. If you follow any natural hair bloggers, chances are you’ve seen one or two talk about this cap.
- Red Velvet Paperie I stumbled across this store through Instagram. I’m loving the To-Do Half Sized notepad. Their products are super cute and I think any girl boss would love to use these on a daily basis.
- Rock Your Reality Store Of course, I had to include an item from the Rock Your Reality store. The store recently launched and you better get in on it before you miss out. The products are meant to inspire and motivate you on the daily. Everything in the store is so girl-bossy and super clutch but my personal favorite is the Rock Your Reality Throw Pillow.
- The Desire Map Planner I’ve been eyeing this planner for a while. After purchasing the book, The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul, I thought this would be a great accompaniment to it. Another option is the Passion Planner.
- Live Fashionable This company I stalked until I was able to afford the Abera tote from them. I love it and use it every day. Live Fashionable is about providing work for women. Most of their products are named after the women who create them.
- Bright Crystal by Versace Smells fresh and vibrant; a must for a sexy Valentine’s date. And who doesn’t love new perfume?
- Art Prints by BK The Artist I started following Brian Kirhagis on Instagram sometime last year. His art is amazing. There are few pieces that really give you a sense of wonder when you look at them. Having a few prints on my wall would definitely make me smile whenever I see them.
- And just in case you need something for your boo, I’m throwing this one in there: Black Girl Magic hoodie by Derrick Jaxn.
I know life is about enjoying the little things and being grateful for the everyday things, BUT it doesn’t hurt to treat yourself to nice stuff along the way. Valentine’s Day is just another excuse to do that. It ain’t all about the werk, werk, werk, werk LOL
P.S. Don’t you just love the items I listed? Will you be grabbing any of them for yourself this Valentine’s Day? If so, which one, or two or three? lol I’d love to hear 🙂
Photo credit: Ashley Ella Designs